GMG Colorproof is slow

Hello everbody,
we are using GMG Colorproof to manage our characterizations.
But the program is very slow and occasional crashes.
Problem is we are using the same server also for other nations and when it crashes the other places cant restart it on their own.
We are already using a high core, fast PC with lots of RAM and also with extra Battery backed Power supply but still.....
Thanks for advice.

Do you meet or exceed these specs:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7
Memory: 8 GB RAM, min. 512 GB SSD hard disk
Graphics card/Monitor: resolution of min. 1280 x 1024 pixel
Peripherals: min. 2 x USB for licensing dongle and measuring device,
network card, internet access is recommended
If so, the start of your troubleshooting should include testing on another device and see if the problem disappears. If it does, you likely have software interfering or hardware failing. Could be an AntiVirus program hogging all your resources, RAM going bad, a failing PSU not providing enough power to the computer to run optimally, etc.

Its hard to simply test it on a other maschine because its very integrated in or process and the data base is serval 100gb big.

The minium specs we exceed by far.

Processor: i9-9980xe
Memory: 32GB RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD
Graphicscard: nvidia quadro p400
and of course internet access.

The AntiVirus program is also no issue here. The PC runs with less then 1% performance usage most of the time, but still the programm needs 1-3 min to load the next step or simply crashes while creating a new project and stuff like that.

PSU should also be no issue, because only the program fails but not the pc itself. Also we have a back up power for this system.

Thanks for the help.

GMG s older tec. Get a 30 day trial of Proofmaster. proofmaster is the company that wrote GMG's software then got sold off. They have made improvements all along and now are quietly entering US. Markets. I have used them all and find Proof master to be the simplest. Runs on my old laptop flawlessly. Yes this is an endorsement and no I don't wort for them. Visit Proofnation.com exclusive us reseller.

Did somebody expierence something similiar and what did solve his/her problem?
I dont want to try anything so time consuming without a certain amount of confidence that it will solve the problem.
Also shouldnt that issue already solved when we are installing from time to time new updates?

Thanks for the advice with Proofmaster, but sounds like a lots of extra cost, but i guess at least it is simply to change to their software from gmg.

GMG s older tec. Get a 30 day trial of Proofmaster. proofmaster is the company that wrote GMG's software then got sold off. They have made improvements all along and now are quietly entering US. Markets. I have used them all and find Proof master to be the simplest. Runs on my old laptop flawlessly. Yes this is an endorsement and no I don't wort for them. Visit Proofnation.com exclusive us reseller.
Can you tell me more? So proofmaster wrote for gmg or were part of the team which wrote Colorproof? Because GMG still exist so in what kind were they sold off?

Can you tell me more? So proofmaster wrote for gmg or were part of the team which wrote Colorproof? Because GMG still exist so in what kind were they sold off?
This information is incorrect. There is a relationship between GMG and Aurelon, the makers or ProofMaster and PrintFactory, but Aurelon did not develop ColorProof or any other current GMG software. I'm not an expert on the corporate history but want to correct this statement. ProofMaster is a nice product but not something I would recommend if you already own ColorProof.

As to the original issue of GMG running slow. I don't think we have enough information to asses and troubleshoot the "slow" and "crashing". The fact that you say your DB is several hundred GB is something that raises a red flag to me and could potentially be an issue. This is a very large DB for ColorProof. Your comment about people accessing from other counties also raises questions for me. If I was going to support this issue I would like to know more about how this is being implemented.

I would reach out to GMG or your local dealer to troubleshoot, you may have to pay for support if you are not under contract, but you'll get a much better answer than asking on internet forums.

This information is incorrect. There is a relationship between GMG and Aurelon, the makers or ProofMaster and PrintFactory, but Aurelon did not develop ColorProof or any other current GMG software. I'm not an expert on the corporate history but want to correct this statement. ProofMaster is a nice product but not something I would recommend if you already own ColorProof.

As to the original issue of GMG running slow. I don't think we have enough information to asses and troubleshoot the "slow" and "crashing". The fact that you say your DB is several hundred GB is something that raises a red flag to me and could potentially be an issue. This is a very large DB for ColorProof. Your comment about people accessing from other counties also raises questions for me. If I was going to support this issue I would like to know more about how this is being implemented.

I would reach out to GMG or your local dealer to troubleshoot, you may have to pay for support if you are not under contract, but you'll get a much better answer than asking on internet forums.

Hi Folks. I can add some detail from the GMG perspective. GMG and Aurelon are 2 completely different companies with completely different products built on 2 completely different code bases. Aurelon was briefly owned by GMG, but we are completely separate (again) today. Here in the states, we partner with Auelon to distribute and support PrintFactory software for digital-print and wide format applications (they are great!). Aurelon has also partnered with GMG on previous PrintFactory versions, allowing it to integrate with our "MX" color technology. More recently, Aurelon has released an updated version of its own ICC-profile builder called VISU, which is now the only color management option in the most recent versions of PrintFactory. For proofing, GMG uses our own color technology in a product we call ColorProof, and in fact uses the technology twice: once to calibrate the printer precisely to a reference condition and again to optimize the final color match to the target. At GMG, color technology is actually the foundation of our company and we are deeply invested in it. We have been building and innovating our "MX" color technology for over 30 years, the latest version of which uses patented spectral modeling, and in available exclusively in our color profiling engine called OpenColor. We believe our color engine sets us apart from the competition, and our customers tell us that we can do things that others simple can't. So no... GMG is not older tech. In fact, it's actually the newest, most killer tech ; ) As for the support issues, please do contact [email protected] so that one of our support team members can help you with your issues.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back