Good movies recently?

Cory Smith

Anyone catch anything good recently?

We watched Live Free or Die Hard last night. Wasn't that good in my book, not sure how it got such high ratings on imdb.

Did catch a showing of The Dark Night, was excellent, a little on the long side.

I am also slowly plugging away at Ken Burns documentary, The War. Fascinating stories just hard to get through a 15 hour documentary :)

Anyone else catch something I should toss in my netflix queue?

You could try these out (in no special order):
In Bruges
Perfume
The Big Blue
Ten Canoes
Right at Your Door
Black Water
Out of the Blue
Outsourced
Cleaner
Ong Bak

Just rented

Just rented

Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Its not bad. Its a good hangover movie for a sunday afternoon.

Last edited:
Can a post a few that might have slipped the cracks?

To End All Wars - sleeper from 2002. Keifer Sutherland. True story of Japanese POW camp.
The Legend of 1900 - Tim Roth. Love this flick. From the guy who brought you Cinema Paradiso. In English.

"The Kingdom" was a good flick with Jamie Foxx
But if your into the mini seris by chance HBO's "Rome" seasons 1 and 2 were awsome.

Few movies I've seen recently that were better then I expected, and yes some of them are old:

1) The Money Pit - 1986 movie with Tom Hanks in it, hilarious movie.

2) No Country For Old Men - 2007 - Best movie i've seen in awhile

3) Children of Men - 2006 - Awesome movie, and very philosophical

4) Ong Bak - Agreeing with gordo, one of the best martial artist movies. and...

5) Tom yum goong - AKA "The Protector" - Photos from The Protector

If you thought Ong Bak was good, this is better.

6) O Brother, Where art Thou? - 2000 movie, one of the most hilarious movies I've ever seen.

7) Road to Perdition - 2002 - One of the best "evil" Tom Hanks performances

8) The Usual Suspects - 1995 - In my mind its a slow movie, but how it turns out is outstanding and downright mind boggling.

my last one...

9) Casablanca - If you want to know where a ton of spoofed lines came from, this is the movie to see.

I'm a big fan of the Bourne trilogy. Not sure if you saw the recent one, but those are always action packed. That new one, Gran Torino, looks pretty good.

i would recommend everyone to watch Taken, especially if you are a fan of the Bourne series. it opened in UK last year, and i believe it opens in the US next month.

We went to see "Slumdog Millionaire" this weekend, although we rarely endure the public theater experience. It was pretty good, not at all what I expected. Definitely worth a matinee ticket.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back