Good replacement for Zipset

robbg439

I was out of the loop about Zipset/Tokyo Ink Manufacturing ceasing North America operations. I've been using Zipset No Skin series inks for the last 15 years in my shop and now I'm stuck looking for a good replacement. I run small duplicator presses with continuous dampening and these inks ran great for me. My normal supplier is switching to Van Son, which I've never had a great time with. Another supplier can get me Megami EG series, but I've never tried this ink.

Any suggestions for a good replacement ink for small presses would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: CSF
I was out of the loop about Zipset/Tokyo Ink Manufacturing ceasing North America operations. I've been using Zipset No Skin series inks for the last 15 years in my shop and now I'm stuck looking for a good replacement. I run small duplicator presses with continuous dampening and these inks ran great for me. My normal supplier is switching to Van Son, which I've never had a great time with. Another supplier can get me Megami EG series, but I've never tried this ink.

Any suggestions for a good replacement ink for small presses would be greatly appreciated.
Spinks Ink is a quality replacement for the Zipset/Tokyo inks. Quickset (oil), Acrylic and Rubber Base for smaller presses. The Titan line is the mid-size commercial ink, process ink if that is needed.

TO ALL OF OUR ZIPSET PRINTING INK CUSTOMERS

As most of you are aware, on June 1, 2021 we were notified by Tokyo Printing Ink Co. USA that Zipset Printing Inks would no longer be sold in the United States.

As you can well imagine, this was a total shock to us. We have been selling Zipset Printing Inks for 30 years (as well as doing toll manufacturing for them). Since Zipset was our main line, we have been forced to shut down our business. Knowing that this would jeopardize a lot of our customers, we have attempted to find suppliers that would be able to service you. Below you will find a list of ink companies that are aware of what has happened and will be able to help. Please let them know that you are a Zipset ink user. While they don’t carry the same ink, they can advise you on the formulation you need.

Cabstone Printing Ink (Phil) 215-533-2990, Philadelphia, PA

MPS Printing Ink (John) 410-340-7958, Belair, MD

Universal Color Corp (Kevin) 978-658-2300, Wilmington, MA

We wish all of you the best in the coming years and thank you for being loyal customers and friends to
A & S Graphic Supplies.

Zipset was the best for small presses. High pigment levels, Low water pickup levels

Aztech Pressroom Products (Jerry) 480-545-6690
Jerry can help you with the ink and chemistry you need to keep running.

Reactions: CSF

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back