Grainy/fuzzy look

QA2000

Does anyone have a good explaination for this? My densities and dot gains are good, what else could be causing this? It is mostly photos of people that have this look. The ads look fine. Any suggestions?

Don't see an example of what you are talking about. A little more info would be helpful. Is the resolution of the pictures sufficient? It might be low-res

Sorry can't put up example. Resolution of the pictures is fine and not low res. Printed 133 line screen on Vision Gloss 70# paper. Dots look good under a microscope, registration is good as well. Can't find information on the web that might help me find a solution.

133 lines IS low! Anyway, lets go back to basics...

1) Is this problem recent, or does it go on for ages
2) Did this problem happen graduatly, or come out of the blue
3) Did you change your ink or blanket provider, did you get new plates
4) Was there any sort of change in your workflow
5) Did you measure densities-dot gain yourself, and with a callibrated densidimeter

Sorry can't put up example. Resolution of the pictures is fine and not low res. Printed 133 line screen on Vision Gloss 70# paper. Dots look good under a microscope, registration is good as well. Can't find information on the web that might help me find a solution.

Dots look good after print or before print? pictures didn't link? missing links?

Hmmm grainy look on #70 vision gloss with all densities up to par me thinks you've got a sheet of paper stuck on the blanket:rolleyes:

A picture would help.

You may be printing the plates at 133 screen but what resolution, what system are you using how are you preparing the files. It seems that somewhere along the line either at the rip or output the resolution is changing. If you are making PDFs could be youre settings on there or missing OPi links. We need more info.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back