Graph Expo Highlights?

Cory Smith

For those that went to the show, what products stood out for you? Some of the highlights that I saw were:

1. Metal FX - Really interesting product. Being able to print a wide array of metallic colors with the addition of a single base silver. I have read about the product in the past but never seen what it can produce.

2. CGS Oris - Was interested to see what CGS was going to come up with next on Color Tuner. Next version is going to bring a much much better hot folder manager (hooray!). Will all be in a single window. Their hybrid soft proofing system also looks solid. The web client will operate just like the local version. It still had some rough edges to work out but overall looked great.
<embed src="http://media.whattheythink.net/player/player4.1.swf" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" flashvars="&file=http://media.whattheythink.net/video/GE08_2-4Haworth.flv&height=278&width=455&callback=analytics&image=http://media.whattheythink.net/video/preview-widescreen.png" height="278" width="457">

What other products caught your eye?

This sounds ike: "I'm not just the President of the Hair Club for Men"...

Anyhow, it's not just because I do PR for ICS that I must call your attention to this other option for remote proofing. ICS Remote Director automatically & continuously calibrates color and luminance across devices, including JUST Normlicht viewing stations, in real-time. Cross-platform hard and soft proofing, together!

TribalSketch - Affordable Web2Print

TribalSketch - Affordable Web2Print

I did not get much time to look around the show - I was busy giving more than 200 demos of TribalSketch. Everyone was amazed at the full set of features including the browser based freestyle design tool, the live action FlipProof, online estimating, and the completely custom website design.

David Lewis
Software Solutions by Lucid Dream Software, Inc

Well, while we're marketing our respective products here let's go in alphabetical order

Callas - Callas released pdfToolbox 4 Server to keep in sync with their recently released pdfToolbox 4 plug-in for Adobe Acrobat. pdfToolbox 4 plug-in and Server are major leaps forward in functionality and ease of use.

Elpical - Elpical made their Graph Expo debut with Claro Premedia Server. A Java based automatic image analysis and enhancement package.

Enfocus - Enfocus announced a new package called Enfocus PitStop Extereme. PitStop Extreme is a stand alone PDF editor for Mac OS X and Windows.

For more information feel free to give me a shout!

The Metal FX inks are great. Performance and run ability. But extremely pricey.

We have certain customer that have switched over for their jobs and haven't looked back. Higher end magazines.

Also, Actega Kelstar stood out. Much large booth this year, representation, and have amazing chemistries with dedicated technical presence.

Flint group pulled out. Sun Chemical. Too expensive I suppose for some after Drupa.

Other than that, wide format still gaining major market share almost into web offset.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back