Graph Expo? Who's going?

Gordo, RE QR codes, I got a business card from a Printables rep which had them on the backside for "add contact" and "receive emails."

Adding my two cents although I went yesterday (the last day) and it was slow and the exhibitors were tired. I've been going off and on for the last 10 years, even before I worked in the copier industry. Even with the shrinking of the show and the change from traditional to digital over the years, this year's show felt completely different to me, almost like an "end of an era." I finally put my finger on it. There are more exhibits showing up that really don't have much - or anything - to do with printing. For example, the cross media marketing software applications that tout email and PURLs but put nothing on paper. It felt like less a printing show and more a communications show. (Maybe that will change when Heidelberg comes back). PS - did anyone see Adobe there or did I just miss them?

I did not see adobe or quark. franklin estimating sent out an email before the show saying they were to busy to go to the show. the usual number of graphic arts schools. I watched one booth as I ate my lunch, the girl was too busy reading a book to talk to anyone passing by not even an look up and say hi.

Saw a few places using qr codes..unfortunately a lot of them dumped you into a site that wasn't optimized for mobile.

LOL. that is quite unfortunate. But being new, marketers using QR codes are allowed to make one mistake. But for goodness sake, they should have tested out everything first.

One thing I like about QR codes is having them on your business cards! Great way to add more contacts without using up too much space. Plus you're sure that they would be able to store your information conveniently.

If you do decide to point that QR code to your portfolio url, it's a good way to keep them updated with the latest works you have.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back