Gray's and Tan's

Zachbell09

We have been having some issues with light greys, tans, and and kind of gradient. I was talking with some of the techs for our printers and they said that they though you were supposed to use light magenta and light cyan to accomplish this. Have any of you guys run into any similar issues? The main issue that we have now is that the lighter grey, tans, and gradients all print looking grainy.

We have been having some issues with light greys, tans, and and kind of gradient. I was talking with some of the techs for our printers and they said that they though you were supposed to use light magenta and light cyan to accomplish this. Have any of you guys run into any similar issues? The main issue that we have now is that the lighter grey, tans, and gradients all print looking grainy.
Yes, that is the purpose for light magenta and cyan - to smooth out pastels/light tones because the droplet sizes/splats of ink are large and dark and therefore very visible making those tones appear grainy.

Is the graininess coming from black droplets? Maybe too much GCR into the highlights if you don't also have light black on the printer.

No the graininess is coming form Magenta and Cyan not laying correctly. I have calibrated the print heads multiple times. Sent each Calibration under the microscope to our techs and they said that it cant get much better. I have created a new profile in Onyx and done all of the calibration through that and it has helped a little but it is still fairly grainy. I have Ricoh Gen5 heads in this machine. I have another printer that uses the same heads(not as many) and it is not grainy at all. I have two other machines that use the Gen6 heads and they are not grainy at all.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back