green cast on Epson 9900

We're running a Epson 7900 and a 9900. Recently I've noticed a green cast on one of the machines especially when printing black and white images.

We've created our media profiles which we use for all our papers.

Is this just a case of needing a new profile or could it be something more sinister. The printer in question is only 6 months old.

Any suggestions welcome.

thank you in advance.

I would first check the nozzles of the printhead to make sure they are not clogged. Print a nozzle check from the printer's panel and proceed based on the result (clean printhead or move to step 2). Step 2 would be a linearization check. I would do a re-linearization to make sure the print is the same as the time I did my profile.

Thanks, I'll try the re-linearization. I'd already checked the nozzles and did a successful print test, although the printer panel displays a message that there is clogged nozzles. I've avoided doing a power clean.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back