GTO 52 Ink form roller hangers

white rabbit

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know how to remove the roller hangers ? The pins that hold the roller in place (small ones) are worn and no longer hold the roller correctly. I have studied the parts book, and its not much help...:confused:

Thanks for any advice,

B

Hey WhiteRabbit - Not a task to be taken lightly, p;articularly the first go-round. Oscillators must be removed, oscillator stub shafts extracted and then the hangers can be taken out. Operator side procedure is pretty cut and dry, but the gear side gets a little sticky, as the oscillation drive has to be disconnected. Really, to much in the procedure to be relayed through a forum. Good Luck! Steve

WhiteRabbit - If the only pins that are worn are the eccentric pins (the ones with the 4mm allen socket), which is not likely....you can normally use a cut off allen wrench to get to the locking set screw, depending on machine model, either on the back side of the hanger adjacent to the pin or under the plastic cap in the center of the journal box.

WhiteRabbit - If the only pins that are worn are the eccentric pins (the ones with the 4mm allen socket), which is not likely....you can normally use a cut off allen wrench to get to the locking set screw, depending on machine model, either on the back side of the hanger adjacent to the pin or under the plastic cap in the center of the journal box.

Thank you for the info, junker1984. Unfortunately, the worn pin is the bottom one. I am assuming this one is pressed into the hanger. I am hoping i can remove it, turn it and press it back in. I would bet Heidelberg wont sell me just the pin...

Dear White Rabbit,
When you manage to remove the worn pins, ask an engineer to build you a sleeve round the pin, he would know how to go about it, good luck,
A

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back