GTO throughput questions

caveboy

I am having a firm discussion with my Production Manager. He is telling me the average throughput on a GTO is 3,000 sheets 11"x17" per hour max My question is..... On average, what is the expect `11"x17"sheet output of a 2 head GTO running a 2 color job or a black and white job including loading and unloading paper?.
Edit/Delete Message

Running the machine at 5000 per hour will only average about 3000 per hour due to loading, unloading and blanket cleaning. Seems to me top speed for that machine is 7k and it takes a good operator to make that feeder do 7k per hour without mis feeds. I think 3 k is a bit slow per hour average. Seems to me on simple real long runs you should be able to average over 4 k per hour.

RGPW is right. If you have a good operator you can run over 5000 an hr. We averaged about 7m hr. when the paper was good and the planets were aligned.

it still comes down to your job mix. run the numbers for plate changes and ink washes. you will see your averages fall quickly.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back