had terrible experience with xerox today

O

onlinestar

so I wanted to get in touch with igen sales rep today...:

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...

You have been connected to Patricka.

stan : xerox igen sales rep

Patricka: Hello Stan

stan: Hello

Patricka: Are you interested in purchasing an igen machine?

stan: I was wondering if you can forward me to a Igen Xerox sales rep in Michigan

stan: yes, please

Patricka: I would need to gather your information and have it forwarded to a sales rep and they will contact you in regards to your purchase.

Patricka: Will that be ok for you?

stan: sure

stan: I'm just hoping they can contact me asap please

Patricka: I will have the account noted for you, however, there is a maximum timeframe of 24-48 hrs for contact.

Patricka: Are you interested in purchasing just 1 machine?

stan: yes

Patricka: And would you like to get this machine within 1 month or less?

stan: i'm not sure, that is why I need a Xerox sales rep (rather than any dealer). I need options \ models explained to me for my needs

Patricka: The sales rep will be able to assist you with those information.

Patricka: May I have your full name and the name of your company please?

stan: xxxxxxxxx, LLC

stan: Stan Xxxxxxxx

Patricka: Thank you.

Patricka: What is your title within your company>?

stan: president

Patricka: May I have the address for your company please?

stan: PO BOX xxxx

stan: Xxxxxxxxx Hills, Michigan xxxxx

Patricka: May I have the street address for the company please?

stan: it is the: PO BOX xxxx

Patricka: What street is your company located at?

stan: the legal address of my company is:

stan: PO BOX xxxx ((that is the street, but it is a PO BOX)

Patricka: One moment please.

Patricka: Would you be able to provide me with the address that the company was registered at?

stan: what am I saying wrong? The company IS REGISTERED TO:

stan: PO BOX xxxx

Patricka: A sales rep will not be assigned to you with a PO BOX address.

Patricka: A street address for the company is needed to have this submitted to a sales rep.

stan: I'm not going to give you my home address.

stan: it is really stupid

Patricka: I do apologize Stan, I would not be able to submit this to a sales rep.

stan: this is stupid. do u have a manager or someone I can chat with

Patricka: My supervisor would provide you with the same information.

Patricka: We cannot submit your request without a street address.

stan: hmm... I really want to curse you right now. I guess I'll take my business to hp indigo.

stan: just transfer me to your supervisor, I want to see how far this nonsense goes in your company

Patricka: I do apologize, is there anything else that I may assist you with?

stan: read above^

Patricka: One moment please.

Michelle C: Hi Stan

Michelle C: One moment while I review your question.

stan: thanks

stan: hello

Michelle C: Thank you for waiting.

stan: sure

Michelle C: How may I assist you?

stan: hmm... did you read our conversation above?

Michelle C: Yes I did.

stan: and?

Michelle C: Your were asked to provide your contact details, however you asked to speak to a Supervisor.

stan: I would like a Xerox sales rep contact me about Igen, but I can not get through because my company is a new company registered with a po box. this is the legal company address.

stan: the only other address is my home and i'm not giving you that

stan: now get the sales rep contact me? don't you see how this is really dumb?

Michelle C: I do understand what you are saying and I apologize for the delay in getting you the information that you need. We are unable to put you through to a local Sales Representative without the physical address for your Company.

stan: you guys are something

stan: you know that I'm going to do - I will embarrass your company. I will print this chat and show to Xerox VP of sales at Print show in Chicago this year.

stan: are you in US ? I mean I can understand how answering service can be this dumb, but if you are a Xerox employee somewhere here I'm surprised at your level of ignorance

Michelle C: I understand your frustration, however I would not be able to have your request submitted to a local Representative without your physical address, I can provide you with the name of a local Representative however you stated earlier that you did not want to be transferred to a local Dealer.

stan: go ahead, provide that

Michelle C: One moment while I gather the information for a local Xerox Sales Representative.

stan: you guys should be ashamed of your self's. this is the most ridiculous help experience I had in a long run. shame on you, your stubbornness and stupid workflow

stan: I will make a point to show this everywhere, including at Print show in Chicago. Fuji and HP will be laughing there seats off

Is it just the one iGen you want? No I want 4. And I want them delivered tomorrow. By FedEx.

...I get the feeling from some of the questions that the live chat operator is more used to covering the smaller office stuff. They probably weren't even aware that an iGen would have likely been a multimillion $ sale over the lease period.

Onlinestar, if you need a contact at Xerox let m know. I'm a former iGen Tiger and I know a few people in that area.
Good luck!

Sales reps want to visit you in person for equipment like this. They need to see where the machine will be put and what kind of electrical systems you have. If you don't have a building for your business yet, perhaps you are jumping the gun a bit on this purchase.

Hello Onlinestar - I manage the social media channels for the Xerox Production Digital Press portfolio. We are well aware of this situation and apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this experience has caused. I sent you a PM yesterday evening with my contact information, but also wanted to let you know that we provided your details to our local team in your area, and you should be receiving a call from the Xerox iGen team very shortly. Any other questions - please feel free to let me know!

Thank you. I've been contacted by Xerox representative I'm meeting tomorrow. Sorry for the drama and thank you for fixing it.

you know actually this post did stir up with them and they did contact me, had a great demo, working on pricing, and been all and all just wonderful professional experience ever since I got through to them. So I'm happy I did not walk away.

admins - in all fareness I did overreacted. They were wonderful since I got to meet them. Can you please take this thread down? They don't deserve it. My bad.

Just keep in mind that those 'wonderful people' will disappear the moment you sign a contract, and they will be replaced by 'less wonderful' service managers.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back