Has anyone installed CWS 5.3?

So far so good at a couple of different customer locations.
It looks like there might be a couple of very machine-specific issues that have popped up, but nothing that is debilitating- plus it appears as though EFI is reacting quickly on this release to fix any issues that do show themselves.

This version has some really nice added features, so I hope it is a successful release for them.

The one I have seen is on a Xerox 550 where CWS5.3 will crash if there is a paper jam. Hard to say right now if it is a RIP thing, or just a communication error with the workstation that has CWS5 open. These things usually get fixed pretty quickly though.

ok. i've got a Xerox 700 that's been a little picky, so i'll give it a shot and see if it blows up.

thanks again!

so far so good on the workstation -- knock on wood. haven't installed it on the RIP yet. i'm a little chicken.

Don't install it on the RIP.
I haven't got the release notes in front of me at the moment, but from memory it can't be installed on the RIP for the 700.

We have a DC240 & CW5.3 closed down by itself quite often when it is not being used. I haven't seen any advantages to this version but maybe our machine is too old.

well, i've been running it on a workstation and the RIP since i last posted, and it seems to be running pretty well. the auto log-in alone is worth it. don't seem to see a whole lot of differences between this and the last version, but i'm not running it for a commercial printer like a lot of you guys are. i'll post more as i find it out.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back