Head clogging or ink starvation on JV33

MonoJoker

Registered Users
Hi all,

Got a weird, intermittent issue with a JV33 which we recently purchased 2nd hand. Every now and then it will "drop" a complete colour or 2 from the head (DX5). It'll be printing along fine at great quality then you'll see the colour change completely as it usually stops printing the rightmost (looking from the front) magenta or cyan. The issue has been there since we first got the machine but may not occur for a week or more then suddenly it happens every day. The worst part is sometimes a single head clean (Normal strength) will fix it but others (like today) I can perform 20 or more Hard, Normal and Soft cleans in succession and not get the magenta working again.

What seems to have helped is only running one set of ink tanks - rather than the pairs of each colour it has. I also take the lids off the tanks to provide air in there as they appear to be completely sealed. Here's some pictures of the machine anyway if anyone can possibly suggest some troubleshooting then that would be great. It's running a solvent head and ink from SolventCartridges.com which worked fine in our JV3 and fine in this machine while it's not having the issue.

Just now I've done a series of head cleans and the first magenta has printed BLACK in a test draw - as shown below - but only half of the nozzle is printing.

This is really frustrating and wasting a lot of time and material, please help

Edit: pics

http://imgur.com/a/m2juz

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back