Heard of anyone using a Flatbed Inkjet to make highly accurate/repeatable film positives or negatives for making screens or plates?

DuaneBryant

We are seeking a way to make highly repeatable film positives, 29inx41in or larger. The non-flatbeds that most people use for such purpose, like Epson T-5270, can not deliver true-size results: too much random size variations.

SO, I was wondering if flatbed inkjet has inherent improvement on accuracy, and most importantly, repeatability of the size of prints? Or specific models/manufacturers?

I don't know about screens but a true flatbed is very accurate for repeatability.
Belt fed printers, not so much.

What are some brands that I should contact that make a true flatbed in format size approximate 29x41 inches? I don't need a 4'x8' or anything like that.

I learned that even the least expensive flatbed that would meet my needs, Xante X-55, is about $60,000...which is almost twice the price of a solution purchasing a used Esko CDI 4835 that will make a similar sized digital film that I am sure is superior in both fit/register and resolution.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back