heat from latex inkjet

FileJockey

Anyone using a wide format latex inkjet printer that can comment on how much heat these put out into the room? These machines, especially the HP, use very high heat to dry the ink. I am wondering whether this affects the room temperature much. Seems like in full production mode it could be like working in a bakery.

Beside the heat, the smell of heated materials (especially the self adhesives) is smth to be considered. (user of a HP25500 here).

We have an LX 850 and during heavy production it does heat up our room a fair bit. Pxl is correct the smell of material can be strong. If you are looking to buy a Latex printer or have one and are just getting started, PM me, I can share with you our experiences.

SK

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back