Heidelberg Feeder Pile Sensor

Pressmanscooter

I'm having a problem with the sensor that shifts the feed plate left or right to keep the skid of paper the same distance from the pull guide. The old sensor was causing the pile to do odd things, like move all the way left or right when the pile did not need to move at all. Eventually the pile stopped being "adjusted" all together. So I installed a new sensor. It to does not move the pile at all. It is preselected on in the console and the green light on the sensor is on. It looks like the problem is upstream. Any ideas to diagnose where the real problem is?

Thanks

Scott

I did not. After finding the feedback from the sensor in the SSK screen, it was jumping +/- 20 numbers with the pile stationary, book said it should be only +/- 5. It seems like the sensor is VERY sensitive, and it is stuck in some a loop trying to find the perfect position. It just keeps moving the pile over 5mm, then back 5mm ect. Constantly moving.

ok. any doubt please let me know with the electronic
you have the schematic diag for to measure the voltage , use the DMM for to do that please
otherwise you must waste your time and money ¿¿
[email protected]

I don't post much any more and just saw your thread..

We had a 1998, similar design with the feeder pile centering. The sensor will fail over time, as you see on the ssk board the voltage will start to shift randomly. The way ours failed, the beam of the sensor is now to wide and it is picking up everything. You can test this with the ssk voltage screen.

There is a new HDM part that replaces the whole system, it includes a shield that goes around the new sensor, basically the new sensor sits in a metal box with the opening towards the pile, this keeps the sensor from reading the surroundings.

You can make one for your old sensor, just cut a box out of metal and have the open side towards the pile, this may help as the old sensor eye is seeing interference and causing the pile to shift. Good luck

Mike

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back