Heidelberg GTOV or SM52-2

mpsolutions

Hello Everyone,

Wich press would you recommend? if you are doing mainly 4C process work in small to medium runs. A Heidelberg 4 colour GTOV with DDS damps but no automation at all, or a 2colour SM-52, Alcolor, Autoplate, nicely loaded.
please also take in consideration that parts and service are not greatly available.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Gto v

Gto v

Hello Everyone,

Wich press would you recommend? if you are doing mainly 4C process work in small to medium runs. A Heidelberg 4 colour GTOV with DDS damps but no automation at all, or a 2colour SM-52, Alcolor, Autoplate, nicely loaded.
please also take in consideration that parts and service are not greatly available.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I would keep the GTOV you will save more time in the long run, no waiting time, no wash up, paper stretch issues keep the GTO

depends on run lengths. to me its a toss up. the speed of setup will make a difference on things.

we could never run our gtos at over 5000iph with consistancy. the sm 52 will run 6000 to 7000 iph with out any trouble on a regular basis. on long runs 5000sheets + we run 10000iph sometimes 12000. I am sure it would do 15000. depends on your total work load. if all you run is 4 color I would say gto and a supra setter hands down. 50/50 4 color and 1/2 color. sm52 and any plate system.

break downs have been about equal on our sm52 and our gto

gto is of course a lot less complicated.

i would definitely prefer a SM instead of a GTO if u can afford it. as u mentioned most of ur jobs r small to medium run, sm would be the right choice. obviously there is hardly any makeready time if u have a good guy on the machine. especially auto washups and auto plate. no one wants to use conventional tools these days as clients hardly give enough time to play with the job. SM means serious business. all u got to do is set the ducts while the blankets are washed up, mount the plates and production!

4 col GTO. reliable not as fast but you will save time
Washing and a lot easier for colour change. Eg 2 col jobs black 42n
Just pop blue in unit 2 without having to clean rollers twice with paste.
Also try printing 4/4 envelopes that could be a pain.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back