heidelberg perfector problem

Bill Rothwell

I have a 4 color heidelberg 102 speedmaster perfector and recently when perfecting I am getting movement on my backup marks on the gear side of the sheet only when I run the press above 7k per hour. The operator's side holds rock solid no matter what speed I run. I have replaced all of the suction cups, made sure I am getting good vacuum. I am wondering if I need to check the gripper settings on the pincer bar. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. thanks, bill

Why are you just merely wondering about checking the gripper settings on the pincer bar? It's a very likely place for the problem, no? Just get on with it. If it turns out not to be the cause, you will at least have eliminated one possible cause.

Al

check the blow air above the storage drum, it should be 100%. check any air leakage in blow air circuit. keep air air setting as per operating mannual

thanks guys, I cleaned the vacuum suction system out, cleaned the storage drum, cleaned the pincerbar gripper pads but didn't run any sheets yet(didn't have time). I'll keep you posted. Thanks for everyone input! Bill

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back