Heidelberg SM 1col v GTOz

BigSi

Hi there, Sales rep has been trying to tell me a 4-6 year old SM52 single colour will be more productive/profitable than my 1985 GTO 52 2 colour.
I find this hard to believe. My work load is approx. 40% 2 colour, 40% single colour, 20% 4col process. Run lengths average 2000.

Single colour work yes, anything else I doubt it.

Even if was a fractionley more productive I doubt it would justify the extra expense.

Your thoughts would be appreciated. Simon

ignore the sales rep because in my experience most of then dont know their asshole from thei elbow, ask your printer which machine he thinks is more suitable, personally id go for the gto based on your workload

thanks, yes I tend to agree. 2 col sm yes, single col no. On a different note has any one being snapping up any bargins from Greece?
Down in this part of the world (New Zealand) we are hearing horror stories about you guys in Europe. I don't envy you.

run length can come into play. the sm has blanket and imp cyl washers. auto programed wash up. you do other things while it cleans itself. the old gto is not worth much as tradein. keep the gto and buy the sm if you have the space. if you have the money a 2 color sm52 is hands down over 2 x the production. it is hard to see the 1 color would be a better deal with your mix

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back