Heidelberg Speedmaster 52 Anicolour Inquiry

How's it going?

All too frequently, when an offset piece is run through a digital printer (such as a Canon C7000 imagePRESS) ghosting or some other image deviancy occurs.

Can the same effect be expected from an offset piece run on a Heidelberg Speedmaster 52 Anicolour and then run through a Canon C7000 imagePRESS?

Respectfully,
simpleprint

Maybe its just me, but I didnt understand your question.
If you are asking if the SM 52 Anicolor has ghosting problems, then NO, it doesn t have any.

Thank you Neil. Very informative. I most certainly be passing these concerns on to my superiors.

Sorry, to clarify, my question was: Can I take a piece that was run on a Heidelberg Speedmaster 52 Anicolour and run it through a Canon imagePRESS C7000VP without ghosting, smearing or some other image deviancy?

It is possible that if the ink is not quite dry that it could be transferred to the copier feed wheels or other rollers even the fuser. but with sufficient time to dry usually 24 hours this should never be an issue. YOu might even have issues with powder from an offset printed sheet. but I would doubt that to be the case either. the odds are you are just slugging in an address or some personalization and it should not be too difficult in regards to some ghosting on the copier end. if you need to try it get someone with an anicolor like the heidelberg demo center in chicago to run your file and next day 100 sheets to you to try.

hi simpleprint

my take on this issue is more chemistry related, i think your asking "will digital overprinters eg indigos or other equipment re-wet the ink or transfer the pre printed image back onto subsiquent sheets" which may be a issue when using cold set inks e.g sheetfed. The anicolour is offset litho but i think the inks are water based which i have no real experience so my question would be of the difference of water based ink v coldset paste inks rub resistance and ability not to re--wet.

Paul

Thanks rbailleu and Paul...about re-wetting the ink: To my knowledge we've never had that happen before. We've had problems where heat from fuser rollers caused ghosting, but never had a re-wet issue.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back