Heidelberg washup tank sensor

Pressmanscooter

I run a 40" CD '92. None of the senors on my washup tank work. The story I'm told is one of the level sensors went bad and they "jumped it out.' Now none of the sensors work and the blanket washers keep running dry because no one is checking them often enough, that problem I'll deal with.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the box on the back of the tank? I couldn't find one in my book
What is the correct air pressure for the tank? I don't know if the air pressure switch is bad, jumped out, or not enough air.
Can the sensors be installed wrong? Supposedly one was replaced and failed in a year.... is this common?
Is there a diagnostic screen where I can see which sensors are tripped (once everything is wired correctly)? The washup screen does not specify which solvent tank is low.

Thanks

Scott

The older tanks are very problematic. We had a 91 sm102, same tank as yours and had to jump out all the sensors.

Our oldest press is a 98, I looked through our wiring diagrams, the diagram for the box on the back of the tank is just a rectangle showing the sensors connecting, no real detail.

On ours:
B1 = water
B54 = blanket wash up fluid control
B55 = roller wash up fluid control

The level sensors in the pre-95 tanks are different than the newer styles I think, something about the solvent making the sensor go bad and you can't mix a water sensor with a blanket wash sensor. I remember going through a sensor every 6-8 months then giving up and jumping them out. I also remember them breaking off in the tanks when you tried to change them. If you install a water sensor in the blanket wash it will die pretty quick, at least that is what I remember from 10 year ago. Heidelberg may have a new part# that fixes the issue.

The pressure switch (switch number F70) on our tanks needs 0.5 bar to clear, anything 0.48 bar or less will throw an error. If all sensors are working the console should differentiate between low water, low blanket wash and low pressure:

Low water- should flash an error that looks like waves of water, something like this- ^^^^^^

Low Solvent will flash the same error but with dots ........... over the waves for solvent. Note- low blanket wash solvent and low roller wash solvent show the same error.

Low pressure- both low water and low solvent will flash.

These tanks also leak at the welds and eventually need to be re-welded.

Good luck, I remember the tank on our 91 never worked right, ever....

Mike

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back