Heidleberg trendsetter

ctptech

Morning all. Just helping a customer with a Heidleberg badged creo . He’s getting faint lines on the image. Barely visible . No errors and in the direction of scan. I’ve cleaned the lense and lubricated the lead screw but it’s still there. Any suggestions please

Yes. All over the image and almost look like a grain on the plate and you have to hold it to the light to see them

They use am screening but it’s also visible on a solid . About a year ago he replaced the lead screw drive step motor with a used one from eBay . He got two motors . He then got the local sparky to crimp the old connector to the eBay motor and seemed ok for 12 months . I’ve just done the same with his spare motor and now the problems worse . I’ve tried slackening and tensioning the belt to no avail. It’s a 2 phase motor . Am I barking up the wrong tree or onto something

Not sure about your problem but I can attest to what I’ve seen.

Brand new Magnus platemaker, Azura plates, FM screening. Everything is fine for a few years and then one day vertical lines start showing up in all of the images. Of course it was first noticed on press, and mostly in heavier coverage, solids, etc.

Traced back to the Magnus and Kodak was able to correct it (I believe) with a laser alignment performed via the software.

ctptech, azura thermofuse plates TE, TS, TU are all negative working, laser writes the image. Recording head alignment is required as 'mud' said and laser exposure energy checked.

Check the lead screw bearings for excess play.
Not a trivial thing to do, he can easily mess up the carriage. Described as regular pattern across all image looks more like imaging artifacts, exposure head setup is the prime suspect.

That's going to be a bad diode (pixel) in the array. A good tech may be able to program it out of the Swath Width, but it kind of depends on its location.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back