Help, Ink Doesn't Stay on Paper!

Kristina

I use a CANON iPF9100 Large format printer with canon lucia ink and canon paper (Heavy Weight satin photographic paper 300gsm). When i print an image heavy in color, dark color especially, the ink will come right off on my hand, even after hours/days of drying. What's going on? On a perhaps related side note, the banding throughout the the darker parts of the image is horrible as well. It is driving me crazy!

If you don't have suggestions on how i can fix it, does anyone have a suggestion on what type of paper to buy next time?

Thanks!

The only time I have seen ink rub off with compatible paper is when matte black is printed on a coated paper. Check your paper settings in your print application and on the printer console to make sure it is on a gloss/satin photo type paper, not a matte or plain paper setting.

The banding in dark areas sounds like over inking. Are you using a RIP? could also be incompatible paper setting as above.

Bret

Yay! It is fixed!

Yay! It is fixed!

thanks Bret- That was the problem, I was unaware that there was a setting on my computer (as well as the printer) that i needed to adjust. Wow, I feel dumb. It took care of the banding as well. Thanks again!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back