Help on Linotype-Hell Topaz 2

lmartelli

Hi everybody,

I've just bought a second-hand Topaz 2 scanner, which works fine except that it came with LinoCOlor 4.1 but without the dongle. Before I ask the seller to cancel the transaction, I'd like to see if I can manage to make it work.

I tried Linocolor 6, which I understand does not require a dongle, but it won't drive the Topaz 2 without an upgrade of it's memory card.

I've read somewhere that Linocolor 4.2 does not require a dongle, but does it require an upgraded memory card ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Laurent

Times have changed!

Times have changed!

The Topaz 2 is unfortunately not listed as being supported by VueScan :-(

Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

I could get a hand on a LinoColor 4.2.7 that comes with serial number and will try it on friday. Wait and see...

If all you want is a great "scan" then Linocolor 4.2.7 will work. When this software first existed, Photoshop was not what it is today. Just Scan your "tiffs" to LAb or RGB. Convert them to Adobe1998rgb.icc and you will be happ to have the quality in Photoshop.
Linocolor was designed to do so much more at the time but, alas, time and progress, along with the demand of the industry for Photoshop to do more, made the software extinct.
I have a Linocolor Topaz and this is what I do, with great results.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back