Help! Trendsetter white bars/bands on thermal direct plate

Sammie

As the kodak thermal direct plate comes out (landscape) of the trendsetter there is a 1" missing image bar/band down the middle and 3" missing image bar/band down the right side top to bottom on every size plate. We tried different batches of plates but the same bar/band shows up on all plates. Prinergy is the rip. Any ideas on what is causing this and what the solution would be?

Last edited:
Sorry just realised you said Kodak Trendsetter.

Before you call out Kodak make sure everything is clean and free of contamination in the CTP unit. Entry feeds rollers or something like that etc..

It could save a lot of embarrassment later if that turns out to be the issue.

Last edited:
Sorry just realised you said Kodak Trendsetter.

Before you call out Kodak make sure everything is clean and free of contamination in the CTP unit. Entry feeds rollers or something like that etc..

It could save a lot of embarrassment later if that turns out to be the issue.

Hello
I just spoke to a friend of mine who had the same problem.
He thinks your plates might be comtaminated.
Also did you do a self test sheet to see if you get the white bars

Sammie,

This doesn't sound like a plate issue. It sounds like the data is not getting to the Trendsetter. Sounds basic, but check the connections and then check the RIP. I would recommend calling Kodak service to troubleshoot the workflow.

Thanks,
Derek@Kodak

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back