Help with Booklet Printing (Fiery)

Pierce

Hello! I need to print a booklet from a PDF. The PDF has a 8.5 x 11 cover (page 1) and an 8.5 x 11 back cover (8.5 x 11) but the rest of the PDF is set up as 11 x 17 spreads in the PDF. Is it possible to print this automatically from the Fiery or will I need to pull out the 8.5 x 11 pages?

Fiery Command Workstation 5, Model XCC75 (let me know if you need more info)

Thanks,

Pierce

As far as I know there's no way to do that - The front/back cover should be set up as an 11x17 spread also.

Probably a silly question, but are you sure it isn't just a view setting? Acrobat has a view that simulates a booklet in reader spreads where the first and last page of the document are half the size of the rest of the pages so it is like looking at the book as you'd read it. But, I know plenty of "designers" leave the 'facing pages' default checked for all their files in InDesign and export as spreads which results in a similar look.

Last edited:
Not a silly question at all! I double-checked and it was exported that way - unfortunately it isn't a view setting but I had never thought of that!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back