Help with RTI rip for QMDI

camasprinter

We bought a used RTI rip from a dealer and got 1 hour free support from RTI to set up.
Took a while as it didn't want to connect to the press. We finally decided to end that call and check all cabling to see if their was an issue. During that time out my outside IT guy pursued checking the workgroup name obn the old Delta rip as he remembered it being called different then what RTI was tring. Sure enough the underscore in the name needed to be removed and we had it working by the time we called RTI again

Now after a couple weeks we've noticed the dot size is larger and we have color shifts on repeat jobs because of that. We tried intervening ourselves as we have another Harlequin rip on our platesetter and do that often. We can't get it to take hold on the RTI rip though.

I put in a call to RTI to see if they would honor the 5-10 minutes it should take to do this and they said we'd used up our free hopur and we'd need to be billed. I questioned it because of what happened but ya know they aren't gonna honor that, right?

Does anyone have a clue how to do it or a helpful link to a video of it being done?

So you purchased a Used RIP and are expecting RTI to provide free support for a product they did not sell you.
Would you provide free re-prints to a customer who did not purchase the original print job from you?

What do you bill your press out per hour? Compare that to the cost RTI will charge you to provide service.

They are in business to sell items and support them, and hopefully make a profit while doing that, so they do not go out of business.

Sorry for the confusion Jzink. I purchased from a used equip. dealer who included the 1 hour RTI consult for install. I actually checked with RTI before buying to confirm and also to get info on upgrading the rip if needed as older rips don't handle transparencies well sometimes.

RTI was very helpful and in fact shortly after I posted they contacted me and confirmed they could help fix the issue and did so the next day.
I thought I'd get it taken care of by them & was only posting in case someone knew of a quick fix so we could get running again.

RTI delivered what we asked for and it only took less then 5 minutes. Good company to work with I'd say

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back