Hermann Zapf has passed away at the age of 96

It's been on the wishlist on my Apple TV for years now... never got around to it, but it's about time I watch it... thanks for the reminder :)

Type

Type

Gentlemen

I hope you like

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_2011-09-25_at_5.24.49_PM.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2011-09-25_at_5.24.49_PM.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 197
I'm like so many of us now. For example, studied typography and ad design way back, but it was part of my original schooling in graphic arts when the Mac was just coming into play as a useful tool in graphic design and pre-press. So, this event brought back a lot of fond memories. One of which was a typography professor who did not allow us to use the Mac for any projects.

Even today, I value that experience above all. It is what still calls to me every time I see bad design and typography, and of course, there is so much of it today. What a great man he was, and I'm very grateful his time and designs and attitudes had an influence on me.

Thanks everyone for your extra information and links, and thanks to this site for giving us type fanatics a place to share!

Happy Printing, and typography,
Dwight

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back