hidden layers in Illustrator?

You could delete the layer (Optional Content Group) if you use Pitstop. If you don't have any type of PDF editor you could go to your layer while in Acrobat, select the layer and under layer properties select never exports. Then export your pdf as postscript, then distill. Your layer and all content should now be gone and you can drop in your hot folder.

You just needed to flatten it in Acrobat, that would have done it.

Acrobat.png

You just needed to flatten it in Acrobat, that would have done it.

View attachment 292017
Nice, I learned something new! I tested this on one of my files that I place a fold marks layer onto for customer supplied pdf's. I don't have an issue with the layers but I may in the future so this is good to know that it can be done right in preflight.

Layers (or Optional Content Groups) are becoming more and more important.
I really don't understand why some rips have issues with them as they've been around since PDF 1.5.
Guess it depends how old the rip is.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back