How chould avoid Techkon Spectro Drive set-off our 220g coated paper when measuring?

Bloodsaler

We newly install a closed-loop system.And the masurement device choose a Techkong spectro drive.
Most of our product are card papert,so when we use the instrument measure the sample,it often set-off the product,and make the result inacceptable.

So the bracket of the device may need some change,can any one tell me how they solve this problem and use Techkon smoothly?

Hello Bloodsaler,

My name is Bob Byrnes and I am the Director of Technical Services in the US for Techkon. I would like to gain a better understanding of what you are experiencing so we can resolve the issue you are currently experiencing. Please feel free to contact me at 978-777-1854 or [email protected]. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Bob Byrnes
Techkon USA

Am I right in thinking that when the reading head travels across the sheet it is 'Smearing' the wet ink? So the head is actually in contact with the sheet. This has to be a simple adjustment somewhere. I have used the Techkon with board stock and it never smeared the print. Techkon guy should be able to sort you out.
Good luck

If you turn the SpectroDrive measuring head upside down there are two small metal wheels located directly behind the measuring aperture. These two small wheels are to hold down the substrate being measured and to ensure that the measuring aperture is at a set distance from the press sheet. If it is smearing than the two small wheels are not on the press sheet. This usually occurs if the color bar is being printed on the very outside edge of the press sheet. If you can impose the color bar slightly away from the edge of the press sheet this problem will go away. Please do not hesitate to contact me.

For our clients forbidden to take photo of our product.We even can`t carry a mobile phone into our pressroom.so...
There`s a strange thing happen.When we measure 300g invercote paper,the smearing event doesn`t happen.But when we masure a 220g invercote paper,there`s a smearing happened in every sample.Both paper form a same supplier.And use the same ink and dampen solution.And printed in the same day.
And for 300g paper,its thinner than 220g one.
The only difference between 220g and 300g is 220g double coated,and 300g single coated.
And for dear Bob Byrnes:
I`m in china,so I can`t directly contact you.But if you feel free you can contact me on my MSN:[email protected],maybe we can talk more about the details.
Our measuring software is IZMove form DI company.

And our colorbar not placed in a very outside area.300g one and 220g colorbar,almost placed in the same place.

Just for testing purpose, try turning your device upside down. That is have the measurement device below your strip and see if that makes any difference. There is a setting in the software where this can be set. So the device knows it is measuring the strip upside down. We have also seen this on thicker papers when the strip is on the edge of the paper.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back