How Do I Print 8.5x11 2-up on DC240?

homeboy

We have a DC240 with Fiery EXP250. Usually when I want to print an 8.5x11 document 2-up on 11x17, I duplicate the text in InDesign CS5 and make an 11x17 document. I see options in the InDesign/Fiery print menu for "layout" that include 2-up, etc. so that presumably I could send the unduplicated 8.5x11 document to the 240 and have it do the work, but I can't figure it out. Things always come out too small or in the wrong position. Where can I find instructions or a tutorial?

Do you have command workstation? I print to hold (8.5 x 11), when I prepare to print, I put in the paper size as 11 x 17, then under the "layout" section I go down to "booklet maker". There I select "gang up double print" and uncheck the "imposition reduction" button below so it does not shrink my file at all.

This is how I do it for our 260, not sure what differs in between the 240 and 260.

I think you have 2 options:

- By using the print driver, select 2 Up under the Layout tab. Either when you print directly from the application, or if you send it to the hold queue.

- Use the Imposition feature.

Manuals, tutorials, user's guides, etc at www.xerox.com/support

You can also use our Acrobat plug-in, Absolutely Imposing.
The demo is FREE and the solution is only $395.
It can pretty much impose everything you need and it is the most user friendly solution on the market.

Available for MAC and for Windows from Ultimate Technographics.

Best,
Ray Duval
Ultimate Tech.
www. imposition.com

CutePDF - easily does what you need for about $40. Download the trial - you could use that for every if you wanted as all the trial does is put a line of text at the edge of the sheet, which we found was always in the cut off bleed section as we used oversize paper. We paid the $40 however as it is certainly worth it. I couldn't get through the day without it.

Do you have command workstation? I print to hold (8.5 x 11), when I prepare to print, I put in the paper size as 11 x 17, then under the "layout" section I go down to "booklet maker". There I select "gang up double print" and uncheck the "imposition reduction" button below so it does not shrink my file at all.

This is how I do it for our 260, not sure what differs in between the 240 and 260.

Thanks to all, but this solved the problem quickest and easiest with one slight change. My version of CW says "booklet best fit" rather than "imposition reduction."

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back