How do you see your business affected during COVID-19?

onprintshop

We understand the current situation is not very promising and everything looks very down, but I am sure you would agree that it won't stay for long & things will get to normal pretty soon.

Our understanding working with few of the worlds most successful companies is that they have benefited most during such slowdowns, as given them time restructure and strengthen their backbones to be prepared to take up increased demands.

And Many Printers are genuinely affected badly so they don't know what to do next. If you are print business please share your comments on the below questions.

1. How do you see your business affected during COVID-19?
Ans:

2. What are you planning & doing currently to get prepared when things start getting normal?
Ans:

1. We have had a slowdown, but not to the extent of a lot of companies on here. We do a lot of work for the Real Estate segment and while they have slowed, they haven't stopped which keeps us going.

2. Im using this slow time to develop an online store and marketing campaign for our real estate customers. It will also give us a way to market more promotional products towards them too.

1. We have had a slowdown, but not to the extent of a lot of companies on here. We do a lot of work for the Real Estate segment and while they have slowed, they haven't stopped which keeps us going.

2. Im using this slow time to develop an online store and marketing campaign for our real estate customers. It will also give us a way to market more promotional products towards them too.

That is great Strategy. Let us know if you need any help building Online Store for Real Estate Clients. We have helped few clients build storefront targeting to Real Estate - https://www.ggcprints.com & https://www.solidprintsolutions.com

Ans: COVID-19 is much more than we think. Printers who don't have an online presence as they are badly hit and 100% closed and lose business to competitors that do have an effective online presence. So now they realised the importance of taking the business online.

2. What are you planning & doing currently to get prepared when things start getting normal?

Ans: Printers you need to have an online presence and utilize their quarantine period in the web to print technology which makes your business 24X7 available because your prospects and customers expect you to have one.

We understand the current situation is not very promising and everything looks very down, but I am sure you would agree that it won't stay for long & things will get to normal pretty soon.

Our understanding working with few of the worlds most successful companies is that they have benefited most during such slowdowns, as given them time restructure and strengthen their backbones to be prepared to take up increased demands.

And Many Printers are genuinely affected badly so they don't know what to do next. If you are print business please share your comments on the below questions.

Ans:

Ans:

We chose not to participate in Covid19 hysteria and continue offering top quality, superior service, at a fair price... it’s worked for 36 years and I expect it to continue. Customers really prefer the small local relationship we offer. This internet thing is just a flash in the pan. It won’t last.

Hello AP90,
We are a web to print company that offers many pricing options. We have customers who print for the real estate market, and although there was a slow down, thing have picked up for them. I am happy to chat at your convenience! You can reach me at: [email protected]

Ans: COVID-19 is much more than we think. Printers who don't have an online presence as they are badly hit and 100% closed and lose business to competitors that do have an effective online presence. So now they realised the importance of taking the business online.

Ans: Printers you need to have an online presence and utilize their quarantine period in the web to print technology which makes your business 24X7 available because your prospects and customers expect you to have one.

I completely agree, w2p geek! I'm dismayed to read that one of the other responders thinks "this internet thing is just a flash in the pan"! Really? Red-Tie has been around since 2003 - hardly a "flash in the pan?"

We chose not to participate in Covid19 hysteria and continue offering top quality, superior service, at a fair price... it’s worked for 36 years and I expect it to continue. Customers really prefer the small local relationship we offer. This internet thing is just a flash in the pan. It won’t last.

Really, Fyshy?
Really? Red-Tie has been around since 2003 - hardly a "flash in the pan?" Ad our software is used by both large and small companies, national and local.

I think @Fyshy was kidding @ehurwitch - LOL

We at SmartSoft are software developers - and all of our offerings are Saasy / Cloudy - while no one has been to the office in nearly 3 months except to gather monthly checks our of the offices mailbox, we have seen absolutely no change during this Covid-19 crisis - and since PresWise is a LAMP project, all the Devs have been working from home since 2006 anyway, so, there really was no big issue for sales and support to work from home.

Really, Fyshy?
Really? Red-Tie has been around since 2003 - hardly a "flash in the pan?" Ad our software is used by both large and small companies, national and local.

Congratulations on hanging around so long... especially in the cold impersonal online print business. I have done extensive research in our market and the numbers show that customers prefer stopping by my shop and visiting with me before placing their print order. The stats don't lie. 2 to 1 they prefer the personal service touch we have offered since 1984. Yes, we polled 3 people and are happy to say that 66.7% prefer us to online print buying (2 divided by 3 = 66.7%)
"Shop local... build a stronger community".

Here is my 2 cents. Companies who are diversified are doing much better. We have both cut sheet digital and wide format. Wide format carried us through the worst of it without a doubt. So much so we bought a new Colorado to keep up in June. Many of our clients are set up for online ordering. Mind you this is not vistaprint ordering but re-order forms. That was also a strong point for us with online ordering holding steady. We have a showroom with a lot of walk in traffic.... that turned off like a light switch.

For us our sales are actually up slightly over 2019 thanks to a great first quarter.

Congratulations on hanging around so long... especially in the cold impersonal online print business. I have done extensive research in our market and the numbers show that customers prefer stopping by my shop and visiting with me before placing their print order. The stats don't lie. 2 to 1 they prefer the personal service touch we have offered since 1984. Yes, we polled 3 people and are happy to say that 66.7% prefer us to online print buying (2 divided by 3 = 66.7%)
"Shop local... build a stronger community".

This is an April Fools post, so they can order right ? I mean, when you set up online storefront templates for customer to use - InPlants and universities LOVE LOVE LOVE being able to use SSO and order items, print, inventory or even services. Stats dont lie ? Maybe your stats, but certainly the stats at Avery wePrint, Mimeo or Vistaprint certainly would indicate massive amounts of orders.

1. COVID-19 has disrupted a lot of businesses. Many shut down, while others are trying to cope with the situation. As for printing businesses, the traffic shifted towards online stores because the convenience of shopping online and getting it delivered to the doorstep became the priority.
  1. Even when things get back to normal, the online trend will stay there. Online shopping would then become normal, and so the trick would be to launch an e-store, m-store, and provide something unique, like, personalization.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back