How does the HARLEQUIN RIP® handle PDL's?

rglloyd

If you have ever wanted to the know the full story on how the Harlequin 8.0 RIP interprets PDL's we have posted a new white paper on our web site called: NATIVE INTERPRETATION IN THE HARLEQUIN RIP® and was written by Martin Bailey.
You can down load your own copy at:
http://www.globalgraphics.com/pdfs/products/Native_Interpetation_in_the_RIP.pdf
http://www.harlequin.com/community/

We hope this answers many of your question about how we handle PDL's and misinformation about how we handle PDF with Live Transparencies.

Ralph Lloyd
Vice President Product Marketing

Edited by: Ralph G Lloyd on Jul 9, 2008 8:25 AM

Edited by: Ralph G Lloyd on Jul 9, 2008 8:26 AM

Re: How does the HARLEQUIN RIP® handle PDL's?

Good document, I like harlequin Rips, but, any workflow built around them is very flaky and hard to manage.

Re: How does the HARLEQUIN RIP® handle PDL's?

Hi Max,

That comment is one I certainly think needs a reply. What a blanket statement you make, which clearly has no truth in it whatsoever. I'm sure several Harlequin RIP OEMs will have strong views on this too. I've seen many workflows built around the Harlequin RIP - from Compose, Xitron, Polkadots, ECRM, Purup/Esko, HP to name but a few - that are certainly not flaky nor hard to manage.

Are you saying that Apogee, Prinergy, Prinect, XML, etc... are all flaky and hard to manage? Any of the companies who make those workflows could just have easily used a Harlequin RIP internally as opposed to an Adobe RIP.

It may be that a particular release of a workflow built around it contains some bugs, but that depends on how well it was developed and tested prior to release and is just as potentially true for any other RIP. It may be that a particular release of a Harlequin RIP contains some bugs, but again that is just as potentially true for any other RIP.

I would be very interested in seeing a justification of your statement.

Regards,

Andy.

Andy Cave,
Chief Executive Officer,
Hamillroad Software Limited.
www.firstproof.com
www.hamillroad.com

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back