How is my site looking?

I know you Brits spell some words differently that we Yanks do, but is "fundamental" one of them? You don't want typos on your site!

I'm not sure what you are trying to tell us on the "contact us" page . . . perhaps you could translate "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam." for us .. .

lol :)

I like the simplicity of the site - but...there are some issues:

Main Home page
• typo "fundemental"
• "the success of you services" should be: the success of your services
• "a product creation process" missing period at end of sentence

The whole intro is awkwardly worded. the term "consumer" is more apt when referring to shoppers in high street stores than for print buyers.

The "Contact us now" button takes you to LJUBLJANA SLOVENIA, EUROPE (I guess Devon must have moved)

Products page:
• "HERE'S JUST SOME OF OUR PRODUCTS" Should be "Here are some of our products" or "Here are a few of our products"

The titles should link to photos of the products on offer to clarify exactly what you are selling. "CLOTHING AND WORKWEAR" ? "CREDIT CARDS" "MERCHANDISE" are not the items one usually associates with printshops.

Blog page:

Really poorly written. It also needs better focus on print's value as well as examples.

Contact Us page

Doesn't show where you are. No address and you're not on the displayed map.

DROP US A NOTE looks like it should be a link but isn't

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam."?

It would also be nice to see some properly shot photos of the shop and people to emphasize its local nature as this seems to be a major selling point for you.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feedback. Yes, it is wordpress.

Here is another site I made: https://uk-franchise.co.uk

Just dropping it here in-case any of you are interested in websites, feel free to bounce any questions off me.

Hmmmm...a month later and you haven't fixed the problems with the Devon site. And your new site has a glaring typo on the main page. Hmmmmm.

Hmmmm...a month later and you haven't fixed the problems with the Devon site. And your new site has a glaring typo on the main page. Hmmmmm.

Certainly a work in progress. I figured step 1 one was to establish a brand which I can build on, now that's out the way I can start implementing data-driven changes by utilising external analytics. I've bookmarked this thread and will be returning periodically as the ideas and suggestions are no short of great.

Certainly a work in progress. I figured step 1 one was to establish a brand which I can build on, now that's out the way I can start implementing data-driven changes by utilising external analytics. I've bookmarked this thread and will be returning periodically as the ideas and suggestions are no short of great.

Rather than "implementing data-driven changes by utilising external analytics" you might try just looking at your web sites.

Rather than "implementing data-driven changes by utilising external analytics" you might try just looking at your web sites.

Wrong. This is a recipe for creators bias and if anything will not address any actual problems. Additionally, local print is something which is on a more personal level and therefore the industry doesn't accumulate the majority of consumers from web-based sales (local-specific), using data (google keyword planner) I can tell this from the keyword "*city* printer".

I've now re-branded thedevonprinter.co.uk and I am ultimately using it as a proxy/landing page to convert social traffic and direct from repeat customers. That's why it isn't a priority.

Needs a call to action within the first fold.
Needs ability to take action… right now
Social media buttons are not connected
In your blog… “Blog Full width” is not the best header

Needs a call to action within the first fold.
Needs ability to take action… right now
Social media buttons are not connected
In your blog… “Blog Full width” is not the best header

I'm not sure that the OP is actually interested in finding out how his site is looking. Not sure what he's looking for but actionable input doesn't seem to be it.

Most of the issues I saw were either mentioned or corrected.
However, I would still like to see the text in the "Contact" section have more contrast (i.e. white text on the dark background). Also when you scroll down on the main page I would link "View Full Product List" to the Product page.

Hello Guys,

I have just joined this forum, saw many of the topic it is quite interesting and helpful.

I am from printing industry, and would like to know the newest technologies used in the print industry.

firstly, i want to know which software most probable used in the industry to calculate Estimate.

I appreciate your valuable replies.

Thank you in advance!! :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back