how to clean rubber rollers in Glunz&Jensen FLH 85 P plate processor

bobantr

Hello everyone!
my company has a Glunz&Jensen FLH 85 P plate processor for thermal plates processing. So far I have been using water, clean developer and vinegar to clean the rubber rollers in the processor. Also a dish washing sponge and metal wire for scrubbing. I'm afraid that all the scrubbing may damage the rubber rollers. And after all the scrubbing the rollers still have some blue residue collected on them with time that just wont go off.
Does anyone have any advice as to what to use for cleaning the rubber rollers in terms of tools and chemicals? I would really appreciate any advice in order to achieve a better result on cleaning the machine.
Thanks

ruber rollers

ruber rollers

STOP STOP STOP......
Do not use, under any circumstance, metal wire for scrubing...
Maybe i have to say you have to replace the ruber rollers....

Did you read the owners manual?

To clean the system you can use specific cleaning solutions.
Please contact your plate provider.
KODAK, IPAGSA, AGFA, FUJI, all of them have the right cleaning solution.
Even Glunz & jensen have it. Try to go to a seminar near to your place.

You must buy plates, developer, and cleaning solutions all the time.
It is well invested money, will get perfect jobs and the equipment will last long time.

Remember a plate procesor is a expensive tool. If you r scratch your ruber rollers they will be ruined forever.

Miguel Snachez
[email protected]

oh! oh!

oh! oh!

Thanks for the advice! I was afraid of damaging the rubber rollers with the metal wire, too.
The manufacturer recommends hot water, a sponge and what appears to be a brush. The first I cleaned the processor my manager recommended the wire because there was heavy residue in the rollers, since the machine wasn't cleaned for 3-5 months prior to that. After that i kind of picked up on it.
Thanks again

acetone

acetone

Hello everybody.
I use acetone to clean stains of plates. So I thought it might be a good idea to use it on the rubber rollers. As acetone dissolves rubber and plastic, does anyone have any experience with this? I'm afraid acetone may damage the rubber.
Thanks

Hello everyone!
my company has a Glunz&Jensen FLH 85 P plate processor for thermal plates processing. So far I have been using water, clean developer and vinegar to clean the rubber rollers in the processor. Also a dish washing sponge and metal wire for scrubbing. I'm afraid that all the scrubbing may damage the rubber rollers. And after all the scrubbing the rollers still have some blue residue collected on them with time that just wont go off.
Does anyone have any advice as to what to use for cleaning the rubber rollers in terms of tools and chemicals? I would really appreciate any advice in order to achieve a better result on cleaning the machine.
Thanks

Ok. The best to buy Acid Acetic the powder(15%) mix with hot water leave the Rollers in the mixture for 20 min. It works on hard residues and safe for your rollers.

Hope this will help.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back