How to create a 1 bit tiff from ESKO

shorty83

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to create a 1 bit tiff from ESKO using power layout? I currently send our off-site plate maker a normalized PDF & pdfpla file. We are looking to switch to a kodak plate provider and they only take 1 bit tiffs.

Thanks

This is correct, but Esko has more then just the Flex Rip. If you have power layout, you might want to make sure you don't have a old Nexus or Odystar RIP license.

Once again Esko confuses their users with constant name changes. shorty is most likely using Plato since he mentions normalized PDF & pdfpla. Hense he needs the FlexRip/T4 for native processing.

/D

Sounds like you are doing the prepress and layout for your jobs, then you send those files to your plate making site.
In order to make plates something has to be rasterizing and screening the files you send. Since you are sending Normalized PDF and PDFPLA files (Esko format) my sense is you have an EskoArtwork RIP on the other end. The question is then what "flavor" RIP are you using on that end?
Give Esko support a call. They'll be able to lookup your configuration and let you know if you have what it takes presently to make the TIFF's, or what it would take to do so.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back