How to fix skew on SpinJet 5500

pworden

Hello - We use a SpinJet 5500, vintage 2003 running SpinFlow 2.4 software. We've tried several papers since Digital Dylux became unavailable. Currently we're using FX 24# Ultra Bright Bond with a 3-inch core. It's the best we've tried, but still we get quite a bit of skew. I think it could be a hardware problem, but had it checked out by GEI CalGraph since it needed another repair, and they said to use Digital Dylux...

Does anyone have any tips to solve the skew problem? It can be off by more than 1/4-inch. It worsens near the end of the roll. Does SpinFlow version 4 software address skew? I looked at upgrading and it's fairly expensive.

Thanks for any advice.

Sorry for the late reply, pworden. We're running a similar configuration with Saphira (Heidelberg) dual sided imposition paper; 3" core.

Have you checked the rollers on the proofer? The skew could merely be the result of dirty and/or worn rollers.

Thanks; I'll check the rollers, but we called in a GEICalgraph repairman a month ago to fix a different problem. I asked him to check for a cause to the skew and he said paper, but I am increasingly doubtful that's what it is. Even so, I'm getting in some TechSage paper to test. I'll keep the forum posted. Still wish I could get my hands on the information I need to do a skew test and how exactly to program that in to the 2.4 software. No manual and none available from TechSage.

I do know from when we had the SpinJet 1000. Paper IS key to getting this machine to run decent.

Hi pworden,

As PrePressKD stated, we do have paper for the Spinjet...we offer paper for the Spinjet 1000, 5500 and the 4000. If you are interested, please PM me a phone number and where you are located, I will be glad to have your area rep follow up with you.

Regards,

Mark

PS we also sell and service Spinjets

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back