Hp 10000

RGPW17100

I have just taken a new postion with a company here in Minnesota to run an HP 10000. The drop 3 upgrades were just finished a couple of weeks ago. I have a background with HP5500,3050 and 2000. My understanding of this machine is that it is so unlike other Indigos that previous experience is not going to be a lot of help. I am curious if there are others on this forum that are running this machine and if so if we could network through Linkedin to help spread the knowledge and help each other master this machine. If anyone wants to network on this please send me a PM and we can exchange information to connect on Linked in

Doesn't HP still require certification through them to run the Indigo line? I know when we had a pair of 5000s nobody was supposed to operate them without that paper hanging on the wall. Maybe the employer should have you trained on the press? Just curious, that's a beast of a machine to have to learn on the fly - wish we'd gone with one here instead of an iGen. Good luck!

Doesn't HP still require certification through them to run the Indigo line? I know when we had a pair of 5000s nobody was supposed to operate them without that paper hanging on the wall. Maybe the employer should have you trained on the press? Just curious, that's a beast of a machine to have to learn on the fly - wish we'd gone with one here instead of an iGen. Good luck!

Not to hijack the thread, but what don't you like about the iGen? (We're just starting to shop around for a new press and looking at both iGen & Indigo).

Not to hijack the thread, but what don't you like about the iGen?
Mostly that it's not an Indigo! :p

We really haven't been running it long enough to find any glaring issues honestly, just biased because I came from an Indigo shop & seeing what was coming off of the other machine here, an XC1000, made me question Xerox in general. The iGen is running the matte inks however, and is the 14.25x22.50" model so it's doing a lot better quality-wise than I would have expected. We haven't pushed it to the limits yet but so far no real banding issues, heavy coverage isn't a problem and it's pretty reliable in general.

I understand there's a substantial cost difference to step up to the Indigos, but I still think it's much closer to offset & if sold that way it has to be a money maker.

There is no shared maintenance for this machine yet. They only have videos and web training for the machine. HP is not saying it but they are pretty much still doing Beta testing for the machine. Most of them just had the drop 3 upgrades done on them. I worked with an indigo operator who has been running the machines since the first 1000 and has had the shared maintenance and he is still figuring out a lot of the machine. It is quite different from any of the previous machines.

Nothing against this forum. Has always been a great source of valuable information. But when it comes to questions about Indigos, no better forum I've seen other than
digitalprintrepublic.com

Lots of long time operators and even quite a few ex service techs.

Nothing against this forum. Has always been a great source of valuable information. But when it comes to questions about Indigos, no better forum I've seen other than
digitalprintrepublic.com

Lots of long time operators and even quite a few ex service techs.

This web address"digitalprintrepublic.com" does not work, are you sure it's correct?

Still curious if anyone here is running an Indigo 10000. I have been running this one for a week and it is unlike any machine I have ever run. We still have quite a few issues with it. I am friends with another operator here in Minnesota and also know the other operator in Minnesota. Sure would like to talk to others concerning the machine. Each of us here are experiencing different things and by exchanging information we are better equipped to handle the problems if they come our way.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back