HP 360 Latex Quality Problems

format

We are Sheet fead printer with an Indigo Digital press and have recently installed a HP 360 Latex wide format printer to compliment our offering. We are successfully outputting vinyl and backlit stocks but when it comes to paper stock the paper is coming out with waves that follow the contours of the platen. I have tried a large variety of setting with out solving this issue. It would be great to hear if this is a common problem or a fault with our printer and any possible solutions to this.
Thanks Kent

Hi format,

As JohnMorton said, I will recommend you to use a some other paper if you can. Here I purpose you some that have been tested by our engineers in HP. You can find the profiles of each paper in the HP Media Solution Locator (links included):

Cham Paper VisualJet White 909 140gsm

Sihl 3686 Trisolv PrimeArt Paper 200gsm

Intelicoat GFIOP 140

HP White Satin Poster Paper

Hope this helps. If you have any other question about HP Latex, I recommend you to visit the HP Latex Knowledge Center where you will be able to talk directly with HP Latex Experts.

Hi,

First go to set the default resolution to 300x300dpi. Reset that resolution to 600x600dpi means not the printing resolution, it means the resolution of the contone file and definitely will solve your problem.

have you checked your humidity? we had similar problems on paper only when our relative humidity was below 20%.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back