HP Designjet 4000 - print nothing - need help

ruthndul

I just bought a used HP Designjet 4000.

Tried to print the color calibration, but it prints nothing. Print heads moved, but no ink come out. No error message.

Cleaned all the printheads several times, and washed the printheads cleaner.

It doesn't help, just a little bit of yellow and cyan. No magenta nor black.

Tried to prime the tube, unfortunately, it request 'setup printhead'.

What would be the possibilities ?

Thank you

How long was it unplugged, unused before you tried to use it? Possible that the ink tubes or pumping mechanism is plugged with dried ink or you have air in the lines...
Inkjets are great if they are used continually....if they are not used for extended periods of time they can be a trainwreck...

I have no idea how long it was unused. How do I check is the ink tube is plugged with dried ink ?
I took the left cover out. Is there any way I can take the tube out of the cartridge housing ?

Hi ruthndul
I have just purchased a used HP design jet 4000 and am having the same problem you do. I was wondering if you have found a fix, and if so, some details describing your fix would be much appreciated.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back