hp indigo 5000

V

Visualaid

long shot...
had power to indigo 5000, 1 hr later pc and stacker has no power. paper trays on right side have power.
have checked breakers, stop switches, keys inside of indigo 5000.
have checked pc connections.
have tried multiple restarts, main switch shutdowns, no response

anyone ever lost power to hp indigo 5000?

the power that goes to stcker is the same for the PC.

there is some fuses inside of the door where is the swith power.

Maybe you need to start there and see if any circuit breaker is off too

thanks to you i know where the fuses are now, though.

so HP wanted me to try a different power cable to the pc. I did that, still no power.

ok, so the outcome seems to be the power supply on the pcu.

Last edited:
list of substrates?

list of substrates?

on the indudgo 5000 im running 2up 8.5xll bleed brochres on 12x18 paper.
one of the bleeds is getting cut off along with crop marks.
how should i run this job, i can't run it 1 up on 11x17 because of costs.

does anyone know what a list of hp substrates would be for the 5000

thanks

We always run our 8.5x11's 2 up on 12x18 with a 1/8" gutter (1/16" bleed). That just makes image area.

on the indudgo 5000 im running 2up 8.5xll bleed brochres on 12x18 paper.
one of the bleeds is getting cut off along with crop marks.
how should i run this job, i can't run it 1 up on 11x17 because of costs.

Sometimes, you have to run one side at a time. Also, you may be forced to push the image away from the grippers using image placement in the job.

Hope this helps.

thanks IT, that's exactly what i'll do.. i've always put .125 bleeds all the way around so it never crossed my mind to do .0625. problem solved and i will have a happy boss.

jinthebay, thanks for the advice as well. however, id rather not have to deal with image placement and fighting to get both sides lined up by simplexing. that would take me too much time.
that does bring up another question: what's the deal with an image centered on 8.5x11 not printing centered on the 5000? i had to go into image placement and move the image waaaaay up toward the gripper, even past the gripper, to make the image print centered like it already was on the pdf. running 8.5x11 classic crest 110 lb, btw i am having trouble even getting this stock to feed--if you have any suggestions let me know. i also had trouble with another uncoated 128 lb. card stock getting it to feed. is it true there are only certain stocks that will feed on this press?

Hey Visual

Actually, the only time you'll lose is the amount of time it takes to pull the paper out of the stacker, flip it over and put it back in your drawer. The alignment is waaaayy better if done this way (provided you grip the paper at the same end for each side printed).

But yeah, some of the heavier paper causes problems in the feeder, at least on my 3500. I've found that putting in smaller amounts of your substrate in helps, along with curling the paper somewhat (short side). Even 12pt C2S is hard for me to get through my feeder. I've ran 130# cover stock before but it's kind of a struggle.

Good luck Vis.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back