hp media for hp DesignJets

FlightDeck

Hello all,

I have an hp z3100ps GP, and I want to see samples of different hp media to select the types I want to add to my stock. This is for photographic prints, so photo, "fine-art", and canvas are the media types of interest. I'm aware there are other labels than hp, but thought I'd still check out hp's products, particularly since many are simply hp-badged Hahnemuhle, etc.

Noting that the non-ps z3100 shipped with "HP media sample kit, HP media swatchbook", I figured this should be a straight-forward request. Unfortunately it's become a circus. I've tried the following:
- check hp supplies website---no sample sets avail for order.
- email hp sales support---get asked to call them.
- call hp sales support---told they don't have anything like that, am given a weblink for a competing generic media supplier that she Googled (serious!); suggested to call tech support.
- call tech support---get offered a sample of one type only, which they arrange to ship to me (from Costa Rica?); 2 weeks later after no shipment I learn it's been "denied", now trying to find out what's going on.

In the process I've learned that hp is a Really Big Place and I am not even sure what my normal gateway to their services should be. Apparently the Business Support Centre just isn't working out in this case.

Does anyone have any experience with or suggestions for locating samples of hp-badged media? Am I barking up the wrong tree by going to hp directly, and should instead be asking their local authorized media dealers?

Thanks and regards,
KDJ

KDJ,

There are a wide variety of functionally equivalent products available to meet any imaging application. Why continue to reward the large company disinterest, when these alternative products not only provide quality output, but also help to reduce your costs?

The major equipment producers have their products manufactured by the same companies that sell through third party suppliers. I would trust that the support you are seeking (graphic samples of available stocks), would not only be readily available, but also eagerly offered by these 3rd party suppliers.

Good luck,

Mark

KDj have you checked with different paper suppliers? They will send you samples because they want you to buy there stuff or do you only run HP papers?

Thanks for the response all, and apologies for my delayed reply---apparently I didn't select the email subscribe option to notify me of new posts.

I gave up on hp directly and went to my local reseller, who had just received a shipment of brand new 2010 swatchbooks for hp media. I now have a copy for quick reference on any of these products. I'll likely do similar with other media brands.

Thanks and regards,
KDJ

Thanks for the response all, and apologies for my delayed reply---apparently I didn't select the email subscribe option to notify me of new posts.

I gave up on hp directly and went to my local reseller, who had just received a shipment of brand new 2010 swatchbooks for hp media. I now have a copy for quick reference on any of these products. I'll likely do similar with other media brands.

Thanks and regards,
KDJ

kodak have some production low cost media for photographic jobs. and they are exellent. I am personally use a lot the prudoction gloss poly poster plus 8/mil is and exellent material. and cost like 50 to 60 bucks a 36"x100' roll. tear resistance very strong durable and clean glossy finish. also came in matte.

what I love most of Kodak is that they have an PDF for every single media type with all the information you need. like durability indoor outdoor with lamination or without with dye or pigment or UV inks, special instruccions for HP, Epson, etc.. with all types of inks and complete list of icc profile compatibilty also they have kodak ICC too for most RIP.

just check this link.
KODAK Graphic Communications

and the sample book are available in any supplier.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back