HP Z2100 life cycle

TF019

HP Z2100
Install date Sept 2006

We have two of these units and both of them are now giving us various errors. Manual points to the needed part and instructions are fairly explicit to follow repair procedure. I've surfed for pricing on parts and service station alone it $400-500 depdending on vendor. Labor time to replace for non experienced HP repair tech like myself will be upwards of 5 hours, probably more after recalibrating.

Other parts needed are ink wells for left and right panels, all listed parts are needed for both printers.
My epson 9600 just keeps humming along with out any problems, install date August 2005.

All printers are used daily with the the HP printers running a GMG rip so auto calibration is done every day at 5am.
What I'm saying is the machines don't sit idle, ever...

At what point to I cut the cord and just purchase a new ink jet printer or continue to repair the old one.

Seems like it's easier and cheaper to just purchase a new HP Z2100 printer for $2700 (this will match my GMG rip so no upgrades needed for that)

Opinions?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back