HP z2100 odd colour problem

gtcrshr

Hi Guys,

bit of a weird one may be some one has come across this before,

i have a hpz2100 which has been working fine for years,

I have noticed colours were looking a little off to what i was seeing on screen an decided to look further into it,

if i print a swatch of CMYK , all looks fine on screen however the print outputs cyan as a completly different blue more of a sky blue than cyan

however when i print the test pages from the front panel of the machine, perfect colours cyan and light cyan are exactly right

i have tried different papers, removing and reinstalling the driver in case it was corrupt with no change what so ever,

same happens from Indesign PDF or photoshop

Any ideas ?

Many thanks

Stabbing here....Assuming there isn't an external RIP involved here...sounds like your color management settings are 'funky' for those apps or you have a bad icc profile? , also...any recent OS changes to your desktop machine?

sorry i forgot to mention that, no external rip, just straight to pc via usb,

Nothing changed since a new machine went in about 8 months ago new pc with fresh reinstall of everything windows 7 - creative suite so on,

my next step was to connect to another machine and try ... might do that now and report back

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back