HP Z6100 sizing issue - HELP!

lee whitaker

On and Off for the past couple of months now Ive had issues with inconsistent sizing on multi tiled jobs using Z6100's with Onyx 7.3 Productionhouse.

Say i have a 7 panel pop-up i need to print, ill take it into preflight in the RIP, tile it accordingly, and then submit the job to print. but for some reason it will print the panels at different sizes, only one or two mill out, but its a reduction or enlargment in size which makes matching the images up nigh on impossible. ive had engineers in from HP and Onyx, who just want to point the finger at each other rather than solve the problem.

Jus wondered if anyone else had had a similar problem.

Ideas/suggestions welcome!!

Lee

Lee,

This may be due to the printer not matching your media somehow. I just bought two Z6100's and tested the length issue by printing two sample murals which I then compared and measured. The printer may be thinking you have a different media installed and changes the media advance, which would make your prints different lengths.

I'm using HP Univ Instant Dry and there is a setting for this specific media when I load the paper, when I choose a different media, the printer notifies me that the media is miss matched between printer and Onyx, and that the media advance is not correct. Perhaps you can try using an HP media to see if you get the same problem. By doing this you can atleast eliminate one more variable.

I see this problem ALOT, but I just work around it. If I am printing anything long (10') in panels, I can promise that the two panels will be off around 1/8". Its nothing critical on a piece that large due to viewing distance, but it had me rather bugged for a while.

The issue with paper type could be our problem as well, but we never get a warning about things not matching.

I do know that there is an option to compensate for skew by percentage in Onyx, but I am not sure where it is.

Please post if you find out more.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back