HP1050C plus and Newscolor RIP

NowataPrep

We are a commercial web shop that needs a new proofing solution. We currently run HP1050C plus with Newscolor Rip for color calibration this is all fed one bit tiffs from our Trueflow server. Here is the problem, the proofer is out of date and not covered in any way, if it goes down we are going to be in a bad spot plus its only a 4 color model so it is really hard to match color accurately. We are looking for something that will print on newsprint and various other coated and SCA/SCB type stocks so we will also need the 3 inch roll adapter for running actual butt rolls off of the press. Now, I am told that the only option for us is going to be HP's simply based on the fact that we need to print on newsprint. Is that in fact the case or are there other options? I really have no problems with the HP's we have been running them for a number of years and they have been nothing but very dependable. According to the HP rep at GraphExpo there are only three options for HP's since we need that 3 inch roll adapter they would be the HP-DJ-Z2100, HP-DJ-Z3200 and the HP-DJ-Z6100. I would be curious to know your opinions, if any, on these three options.
Ok not a big deal so far right? Right, the real problem starts with the RIP. You see, I had just planned on getting a new and HP and then calling Newscolor and buying an update. Well, it seems that they have moved from California to Oregon and not updated their page or contact information. After lots of research and digging I did finally come up with a phone number for their new office in Oregon but they do not answer the phone, return messages or emails. That makes me a bit nervous to begin with, but then I talked to a few people in the business and they tell me that none of the three printers that I listed above are supported by the current version of Newscolor. So what are my options as far as RIPs go?

Thanks in advance,

D

if you're happy with your current RIP you might check out Black Magic distributed by Presteligence....

Hard Copy Proofing

sits between the RIP and the printer and does the color adjustments to match what the job will look like off the press.

We drive our 1050C's (using newsprint stub rolls from the press) with Black Magic and have for quite a number of years. We will begin looking around for a suitable 1050 replacement soon, too, I would think.

j

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back