Humor wanted - even at my expense!

Over the weekend I looked up jokes about printers and the printing industry and found so little. Personally, I did not know many jokes before, but the results after so many searches on Google left me pretty disappointed. I mean, really, printers have been around since, eh, the tenth or fifteenth century depending on how you define printers (the human kind). And in all this time, people didn't make fun of us as much as they did of Bush or Obama in less than ten minutes? Granted, we are not as sexy or outrageous as the politicians, but come on, there must be funny happenings somewhere sometimes in a printing place.

So here is my challenge to all fellow printers (offset, digital, screen, or otherwise) to collect, invent, expand or modify jokes about us, our tools and our trade - after reading the below list of jokes I have collected thus far. Some does not directly involve a printer, only in relative connection.

The List - what I have found.

Why did you decide to work in prepress? “I got into prepress because I heard of the strippers.”

Why do people start working in prepress? “I got into prepress because I had heard that they could always use dingbats and dummies and creeps in the gutter…”

What type of hunting do printers prefer? Trapping.

Has anyone else ever had a client choose a paper stock and helpfully fax you a sample?

Printers Law: You will misspell the name of the client's spouse.

You can find the rest and forward your joke to me here.

Enjoy,
Charles at iMyck.com

the problem is that, while those all made me smile, if you don't have ink in your blood, they make absolutely no sense...

However...I still love our initiation jokes for the kids in the shop... we're spread between 4 spaces in a strip mall, so this is now EXTRA funny.
Sending the kid after the paper stretcher, and in the middle of the search, sending them to go get it from the basement. being your typical slab style strip mall...yeah...there's no basement.
also, sending them to find the color dots. we diecut POP packaging in house, so there are "dots" EVERYWHERE!

Thanks for the smile...

@charles_2012
Have you checked out the RE:print section in this forum?
RE: Print
Not exactly jokes but humorous just the same.

Gordo

All I got off the top of my head are a couple of bumper stickers . . . .

Printers Leave A Lasting Impression

Printers don't wrinkle the sheets

There aren't many prepress jokes because nobody outside the business ever heard of us or has a clue about what we do.

We can make plenty of jokes about the customers, however.

That's OK. We can have laughs among ourselves.

BTW - I bet Jay Leno could make the preflight comment into good joke if he were in printing.

Two fonts walk into a bar, and the barman says "We don't serve your type"!

Best i got

So today one of my staff was sent this email today... and I thought I had heard it all!

"Charlie/Dom – I think Lisa is on vacation this week.

I have a flyer that we did for my son’s school. It’s in PDF format, but I think Charlie’s computer has the ability to un-PDF things. Let me work on getting it from my home computer…

Carol"

Last edited:
So today one of my staff sent this email today... and I thought I had heard it all!

"Charlie/Dom – I think Lisa is on vacation this week.

I have a flyer that we did for my son’s school. It’s in PDF format, but I think Charlie’s computer has the ability to un-PDF things. Let me work on getting it from my home computer…

Carol"

LMAO!!!!
"un-PDF"
ok, yes, that about tops it!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back