I can't do this swoosh - can you? Or can you tell me how?

CathieHarris

Hi all.

I've attached an image that is a 4-color process jpg that needs to be re-created as a vector. I have no idea how to build this particular image. Is it a brush in Illustrator? Does someone want to do it for me for free? LOL

I'm at a loss as to what to do with this - the customer wants it close, but I've never done a swoosh like this in my lifetime. Is there a swoosh-master out there somewhere that thinks this is easy to do? And if so, can I get some pointers?

Thanks.
Cathie

Attachments

• GreenSwoosh.jpg
    GreenSwoosh.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 155
Looks like something on Xerox. Go find a PDF from them and see if you can pull it out of it.

Here is a quick rebuild. Little hard to tell exactly what is going on in the swoosh from the LoRes jpg. Built as spot color vector. Anyway hope it helps.

GreenSwoosh_compare.jpg

Attachments

• GreenSwoosh.ai.zip
    178.8 KB · Views: 171
WI-Flexo, you have truly made my day!!! He just wanted something close, as he probably stole it from somewhere but this fits the bill perfectly - I really didn't expect someone to create one for me, especially in vector format, but I thank you greatly for what you've done. I worked two hours on this yesterday with brushes and couldn't find a way to do what you've done.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I'll buy you lunch somethime. :)

I guess I should ask, WI-Flexo, how did you do that? Would you mind sending me a PM or posting how this was done? I can always learn new things in AI.

Thanks again! This forum rocks!
Cathie

Not a problem Cathie! Always happy to lend a hand when I can. We have all needed it at one time or another. Glad it will work for you. I am attaching the steps I took to build the file on here in case anyone else wanted to know how it was built. If you still have questions just send me a PM and I will do my best to answer.
GreenSwoosh_steps.jpg

Thanks again. It's amazing how something that looks so complex is actually so easy to accomplish. I'm usually lazy enough to discovery the easy way to do hard things, but this one kicked my behind. I was making it much harder than it had to be. Thanks for including the steps. I can see using this technique in the future.

Whoot. For tomorrow: TGIF!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back