I have a favor to ask.

prepressdork

Hi everyone,

For many years, I and others had been asking Microsoft to add an email template feature to Microsoft Outlook for MAC and they finally did not too long after Office 2016 launched. Upon learning this feature was coming, I purchased several perpetual licenses. When the email template feature was introduced, they only enabled it for Office 365 subscribers and ignored all other license types (including Enterprise users as I understand it!). In my communication with Microsoft, they suggested I visit their feature request website and create a feature request for enabling the email template feature for non-Office 365 users which I have done.

Would you be so kind and go to the following link and VOTE (please choose 3 votes) for this feature (pretty please)? To have your vote count, the site needs your name and email address.

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums...65-subscribers

I very much appreciate your help with this,
pd

NOTE: from a business perspective, I understand why Microsoft did this but they seem open to possibly enabling this feature for non-Office 365 license types.

Last edited:
I know there can be good reason to grumble against being forced into a subscription model, but I can imagine this type of problem only multiplying in scope and quantity as time marches on. A standalone license may start being a bad idea if you're wanting new features down the road?

I did vote, though.

Thank you so much! :)

I agree and can easily see companies following suit moving forward (gotta love SaaS). I guess why I am pushing Microsoft for this particular feature is that in my opinion, email templates (especially in a business setting) are email 101 (if we were talking about student software versus business software, I might understand). I remember a "few" years ago using NETSCAPE on Mac OS 9 and IT could do email templates :)

pd

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back