I have fought the good fight....

kaiserwilhelm

Friends. It is with the deepest of regrets that I must inform you of the following:
Today, due to speed issues on my Yosemite install (Mac Pro 2014) - I had to install, Acrobat DC
Yes, I have fought it as long as I could. Sure, I was an early adopter. I mean, the day it came out.
And then....I saw that horrible screen that stays up - and in my blasted way all day long!
I uninstalled before the end of the first day.

But, alas, I have had to give in.
I had this dream once. I actually dreamt that Adobe listened to their high end users. You know. The ones that have been with them since 1990.
Heck, my oldest child is 25 - and I fondly remember the day I that I installed my first Adobe product.
But, now, to our eternal dismay, it seems that the secretaries and the people that should not even be in a "Pro" product in the first place are
driving the direction at Adobe.
Sadly, due to a complete lack of competition, we are stuck with this product. Sure, I will just learn to move that stupid window out of my way.
I know. I know. It would be so much easier for Adobe to make it a simple preference whether I want a window like "Windows" has had cluttering up my screen.
But, you know. They are right.
I am wrong.

Chris

Yes that Home scream is an annoying piece of trash. I've been using DC since day 1 and it aggravates me more everyday. Ive just learned when I open one PDF and I want to close it I hold the COMMAND key down and then hit W twice. If I open a bunch of PDF's at once I don't have to do COMMAND+W twice until the last one. I've learned to live and not hate some of the other oddball "features" in it but that Home screen is despised with the heat of a thousand suns and I will never "learn" to like it.

I don't have it on my machine yet, but a coworker does and I had to use his computer the other day and I, too, despised that window. I thought maybe I was just missing a preference setting somewhere, but these posts let me know it is not to be.

Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter!
Also, the idiotic "mobile link" locks me up. I have to open a crappy, small, pdf - then turn off mobile link - THEN, I can open my larger pdfs.
Again, Adobe - I guess the secretaries you are building this for don't open large files?

You can turn the mobile link off at the bottom left corner of that despicable Home screen. Shouldn't bother you anymore once you do that.

I'm just posting to say I too loathe the home screen and DC in general. The constant UI changes at Adobe seem more pointless with each iteration. I'm all for change, but only if it's logical and improves things. Otherwise it's just wasted time relearning something that is already known. That is very wasteful and frustrating.

Make sure you're submitting bug/feature requests about that home screen.
I've submitted it a few times myself - maybe, just maybe, if they hear it enough they'll do something.

Just a simple "don't show this again" like all the other home screens across the suite would be super. But why make things uniform throughout the suite, right?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back